L. Edward Perraut, Jr. M.D.
has over 30 years of ophthalmic experience, and has been performing laser vision correction since 1999. He has performed more than 50,000 LASIK eye surgeries and is ranked in the top 5% of LASIK surgeonsin the entire country. Dr. Perraut has been recognized by VISX as a “Visx Star Surgeon” and he lectures regularly on laser vision correction, especially on the latest technology. He also teaches other LASIK surgeons how to perform the procedure. Before going into LASIK, he was one of the premier surgeons for laser treatment of retinal disorders in the Washington, D.C. area.
Dr. Perraut is a graduate of Princeton University and completed his ophthalmology residency at Georgetown University (Washington Hospital Center). He then completed a retinal fellowship at Johns Hopkins University (Wilmer Eye Institute). Prior to joining Maryland Vision Institute, Dr. Perraut served as the Medical Director for TLC Laser Eye Center in Rockville, MD; and Reston, Fairfax, and Charlottesville, VA. He also was a principal of Whitten-Perraut Laser Eye Associates.
Experience and knowledge are what sets Dr. Perraut apart and what gives his patients the utmost confidence and sense of security. As a recipient of LASIK himself, he is able to easily relate to all of his patients and enjoys helping them receive the incredible benefits of LASIK surgery.
Dr. Perraut is an Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Virginia. He has also served as:
- Chief Resident; Department of Ophthalmology at Washington Hospital Center
- Board member; Washington National Eye Center
- President; Washington, D.C. Ophthalmological Society
- President; Ophthalmology section, Washington D.C. Medical Society
Dr. Perraut has these certifications and affiliations:
- Board-certified; American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member; International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Fellow; American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Hippocrates Galen Medical Society
- The American Osler Society
- Past member; Vitreous Society
Dr. Perraut has taught at many medical centers including:
- Georgetown University Hospital
- George Washington University Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
- Children’s Hospital National Medical Center
Dr. Perraut sees patients and performs LASIK surgery in our Frederick location. Call 301-791-0888 and schedule a consultation with him today!
Education & Training
College: Princeton University (Princeton, NJ)
Medical School: University of Maryland (Baltimore, MD)
Residency: Georgetown/Washington Hospital Medical Center (Washington, DC)
Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD)