How We’re Advancing LASIK In Hagerstown & Frederick
During the past 5 years, Maryland Vision Institute has proudly introduced an entirely new standard in LASIK Laser Vision Correction. We were the first – and only – practice to offer patients the advanced all-laser Wavelight LASIK procedure. This breakthrough ‘blade-less’ LASIK technology can correct your vision…in under 10 seconds. WIthout blades or cutting, we feel our method is much safer than traditional LASIK using a microkeratome (blade).
Introducing Contoura Vision To Hagerstown & Frederick
Maryland Vision Institute recently became the first – and only – practice in Hagerstown or Frederick to offer the revolution Contoura Vision LASIK procedure capable of correcting your vision BEYOND 20/20. Contoura Vision is the first LASIK procedure to receive FDA approved labeling with the ability to correct vision beyond the capabilities of prescription glasses. We know deciding to have LASIK can be one of the biggest decisions of your life. We also know that finding the right surgeon – and the right technology – can dramatically improve your outcomes with LASIK.
Our Average LASIK Treatment Time: Under 10 Seconds!
With our advanced all-laser ‘Bladeless’ LASIK technology, our average treatment times are under 10 seconds. Faster treatment times can improve outcomes, reduce patient fear & anxiety and be less stressful on the corneal surface. Our patients remain awake and comfortable during the entire procedure and experience little to any discomfort.
- Short recovery time. When having LASIK here at Maryland Vision Institute, patients can have surgery on a Friday and return to work on Monday. This is a result of proper pre-op procedures, faster laser treatment times, minimally-invasive laser treatments and a proven regimen of post-op care.
- Quick & comfortable procedure. Using our advanced technology, the actual laser treatment time is 60-seconds or less, with patients reporting little to no discomfort.
- A LASIK Partner You Can Trust. Unlike many corporate or discount LASIK providers, our doctors and surgeons have a tradition of eye excellence that spans years…right here in Maryland. Our approach to LASIK is personalized – and customized – for each and every patient. With our outstanding customer service and experienced surgeons, you can trust that we will make this life changing decision the best one yet.
LASIK can truly change your life in the following ways:
- No more hassle with contacts
- Being able to choose any sunglasses (No more Rx Sunglasses!)
- Spend less per year because no more lenses, frames, and solutions
- No more fumbling with glasses at night
And those are just a few reasons why LASIK may be the best choice for you.
LASIK for Astigmatism, Myopia & Hyperopia
At Maryland Vision Institute, we not only treat Astigmatism…we specialize in treating Astigmatism. Many people have been told by their eye doctor that they are not a candidate for LASIK because of their Astigmatism, which is simpy NOT TRUE. Our LASIK technology has been specially developed to help us correct your Astigmatism…in a matter of seconds.
We also specialize in treating Myopia (NEARsightedness) and Hyperopia (FARsightedness). Our Wavelight laser technology has been FDA approved to treat various levels of Astigmatism, Nearsightedness and Farsightedness. So regardless of our strong your presription might be, there is a very good chance we can correct your vision with LASIK.
Our State-of-the-Art LASIK Facilities
Every one of our LASIK procedures are performed in the comfort and safety of our state-of-the-art laser suite inside of our outpatient surgery center. To help reduce possible risks and complications, factors such as humidity, temperature and overall air quality are closely monitored and maintained.
When you arrive for your procedure, you and your guest will be invited into our waiting room. You will meet with your surgeon, who will provide a final exam and answer any questions you or your guest may have. The preparation takes the majority of time, while your laser correction only lasts about 60 seconds or less.
Our 4-Step Process To Visual Freedom With LASIK
Step 1 – Performing Your Advanced Ocular Analysis & And Answering All of Your LASIK Questions
Step 2 – LASIK pre-operative area to help you relax and prepare for your procedure
Step 3 – Enter Laser Center for the simple two step procedure; flap-creation and laser correction
Step 4 – Post-Op Exam & Instructions – a relaxing day after your procedure before you wake up and SEE the next morning!